Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Miracle is Bound to Happen

Not cleaver enough? Don't worry about it! I remember going out witnessing in South Florida on the beach with friends late one night a few years ago. We would always run into endless debates about God's existence with so many people. I recall trying to convince a man how God wasn't "in" the rocks and the trees. Hahaha! Anyway, I left that night and God impressed on my heart..."Rachel, you didn't share with him the gospel." Oh yea! Duh! That's what I was supposed to be doing right?
Okay so this is the verse I'm getting to. It's 1 Corinthians 1:17 "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, that the cross of Christ should not be made void." Sounds good to me! After I realized how I neglected to communicate the exact message I had purposed to go share, I then made it my goal to not get into an endless debate without sharing the Good News. So, the next day a conversation came up and this individual began to share his "personal beliefs" about God and...guess what? I did it! Hahaha! I shared the GOSPEL. (I don't know if you are aware, but the message of Jesus loving us so much that He took all our sin upon Himself and went through an excruciating crucifixtion to unite us to the Father will make anyone's spine tingle and cause the hair on their arm to stand...whether they receive Christ or not).
In that moment I think the temperature in the room changed. All the "personal opinions" of God ceased for the moment and the direction of the conversation made a U-turn. This person then became contemplative of a love they hadn't quite grasped and a truth that they had to face. God loved them incredibly. Did they really know that? Did their distant perception of God hit a wall? Their intellect was interrupted by their beating heart and desperate need.
Was it me? No...it was the gospel. Just the gospel! Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." The power of God...
Isn't it great how what is the most powerful thing about God, in my opinion, is His love? What a great God. Want to see the power of God in your life? Share the gospel. If you need to, share it with yourself first. Read it out loud if you have to. A miracle is bound to happen. Never heard the gospel? Let me share it with you...

0 comments: