Friday, February 19, 2010

CONTINUAL OR COMPARTMENTAL?

I hate it when I lay down in bed at night and think..."Oh Lord, I wasn't in continual communion with you throughout the day." I think of how my day could have gone much better. I think of the direction and guidance of the Holy Spirit that I was not sensitive to. Why did I miss out? I compartmentalized my time with Him. I spent time with the Lord but didn't stay in fellowship with Him throughout the day.

John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing."

How do you remain in Jesus?

1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing;" -PRAYER
Psalm 119:97 "O how I love Thy law! It is my meditation all the day." -THE WORD
John 15:9 "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love." -BE IN LOVE WITH JESUS

Abiding in Jesus is anything but compartmental. It's all about continual AND...this is a key to joy. Jesus says in verse 11 that He was telling them these things "that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full." Wow! Joy...sometimes it may just seem so far beyond your reach and not something you are able to live in and live with but know that your Father LOVES you and desires for you to have joy. Please remember joy is NOT circumstantial. You may have everything you ever wanted...and still not have joy. When it comes to joy it's all about Jesus.

THE WAY OF JOY
-these scriptures are awesome!
Nehemiah 8:10c "Do not be grieved for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Psalm 16:11 (my favorite) "Thou wilt make known to me the path of life; in Thy presence is fullness of joy; in Thy right hand there are pleasures forever."
Jeremiah 15:16 "Thy words were found and I ate them, and Thy words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I have been called by Thy name."
Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

0 comments: